We offer a research environment that promotes the development of its members and thereby helps us to be our most productive and effective. This environment:
a) Is ambitious by
- Encouraging, motivating, and challenging members to contribute their best.
- Benchmarking against the best.
- Seeking out new opportunities, big research questions and bold steps.
- Recognising our successes and achievements.
b) Promotes quality and integrity by
- Challenging our findings and data to ensure it is reliable.
- Using rigorous statistical methods to establish confidence in our data.
- Ensure quality of communication of results to make clear what can and cannot be concluded based on our research.
c) Is creative and innovative by
- Exploring alternate approaches and multiple perspectives.
- Challenging our assumptions to identify new options.
- Encouraging different modes of thinking (e.g. inductive, deductive, and associative).
- Exploring broader issues and related research questions.
d) Is collaborative by
- Facilitating open communication and an ongoing exchange of ideas within the group.
- Seeking opportunities across the University for collaboration.
- Networking and interacting with a range of external stakeholders.
- Encouraging integration across disciplines.
e) Is open and supportive by
- Encouraging constructive conflict; critiquing and not criticizing.
- Encouraging effective feedback.
- Encouraging knowledge transfer from senior to junior members.
f) Promotes personal growth by
- Encouraging reflection on personal experiences and sharing this with others.
- Encouraging individuals to lead and take on responsibility while providing guidance.
h) Is outward looking by
- Staying informed on the state-of the science.
- Seeking opportunities for impact and knowledge translation.
- Being aware of the relevance of our research.