- Achievement through the pursuit of personal excellence;
- Creation of fundamental and applied knowledge;
- Continuous learning that supports the development of group members;
- Integrity and quality in research;
- Passion and excitement in the pursuit of knowledge;
- Ideas and creative thinking furthering the evolution of scientific understanding;
- Collegiality within a supportive, secure, and trusting community;
- Multidisciplinary collaboration that enables new research directions;
We pursue our research with dedication and commitment so as to contribute knowledge and serve society.
|Our desire to achieve will drive us to give our best. Recognizing our achievements will motivate us and help us track our progress.
|A thirst for knowledge will help us find and follow our path.
|We can grow through learning and learn to grow, so as to develop ourselves and others.
|Research must stand upon a foundation of integrity and quality.
|We are most productive when we are energised by what we are doing.
|We can promote our creativity by challenging assumptions, using different modes of thinking and taking different perspectives.
|Risk and Innovation
|Progress in research needs a balance of bold and incremental steps.
|Collaboration will allow us to explore new opportunities for discoveries, many of which are at the interfaces between fields.
|Collegiality and Community
|Collegiality is the foundation for collaboration and is built upon trust, support and respect. Fostering a supportive community will best enable our research and promote the growth and development of our members.
|Service and Contribution
|By seeking to serve people and contribute to knowledge we will increase our positive impact on science or society.